September 18, 2012

Viva Mexico

I might as well get a taste of Mexico before we head over there, even if it is a couple of weeks early.

This weekend there was much going on. The highlight of it though was celebrating our friend’s birthday with a Mexican party given that it was also the Mexican Independence day.50d4cffc005711e2ae9122000a1e9e21_7

 

I don’t think I ever imagined that moving to Utah was going to be a learning experience about not only the US  but also about Mexico and the so many other countries represented in this state.7612654c002311e2a7ed22000a1e88b3_7

 

My closest friends are from Mexico and I hold it’s people, its richness in culture, and it’s traditions close to my heart.victorbday

 

Now, as far as the food, I still have a hard time eating with spice but last night I was not disappointed.

The chef of the house made Tinga a delicious dish with of stewed chicken.1c8106baffa511e1bb3522000a1e9bb7_7

f8ed4ff8005611e29a9c22000a1e8b99_7

You eat it over tostadas with cream, lettuce, grated Mexican cheese, tomatoes, avocado, etc. See here.

 

Amor served an LDS mission in Mexico almost 15 years ago. And that was his first step into a Hispanic immersion life. When I met him, he spoke Spanish just like if he was a native Mexican, married to a Colombian you can say that many of his things have changed from the accent, the slangs and mannerisms to the music and such. He still roots for Mexico all the way. After all it’s the place that showed him there was much more to this mountains surrounding Utah and that the possibilities in this world we live in are endless.0bdce84cffa011e18e8322000a1d012b_7

 

Happy week everyone. Hope your weekend was full of endless possibilities!

 

Con amor,

Vivian

6 comments:

  1. I will try that recipe! I too have been emergened in a Spanish world here in the US lately. Come read about it. It is a blog post or two ago. That looks like a fun party. Why are you going to Mexico? i hope to return there too soon. I have only visited but wish to do so again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun, looks like an amazing party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great party!! I love mexican food!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, girl! You guys are always traveling! First Columbia, now Mexico! I'm jealous!! I love traveling outside of the country (even more than in-country, I think).

    ReplyDelete
  5. new[est] follower! so glad I stumbled across your blog! can't wait to keep reading!

    stop by sometime!
    kalobandelise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the table decor! Did you just use Tulle? It looks great, as always :)

    ReplyDelete