September 10, 2012

Baby Hungry

My best friend finally had her baby. You would remember her from the Bun in the Oven shower I designed for her here.

Luca was born and he sure has brought a lot of joy to many who have waited for this special being to come to such special parents. I am being called “Aunt Vivian” because he is almost mine (no kidding). I love him so much already. I loved him so much even before I met him and I can’t wait to see him grow and be part of his journey through life.

On the other hand, those feelings of wanting to have another child have become stronger than before. I have been struggling with this for quite some time now, and have been having difficulty accepting that I am done having more children. It really is not as easy as it may seem, and it really is not only about asking the Lord for an answer. Like I have said before, there are so many other factors to consider. It’s not solely my decision. I must have better faith.

Holding baby Luca gave me peace and it reminded me of how close I felt to heaven with each one of my children when they were born. I am so thankful that he came to earth to remind me once more why we are, how my children will always be mine and how FAMILY is all that matters.

So…I am Baby Hungry

And the kids don’t help either, when they are constantly asking: when they will be getting a little brother, and why, just like Erika, I’m not having a baby on my birthday.858340eaf8ae11e1968922000a1cf73c_7

 

She celebrated her birthday at the hospital. I brought the cake and candles, and against all baby delivery rules, she (we all did) indulged herself in some tasty raspberry and chocolate cake. (I know! I know! They are coffee filters but because we were trying to keep this “party” secret from the nurses we didn’t want to ask them for plates and that is all we had handy)IMAG0119

 

The happy couple awaiting for the big momentf7608606f8ad11e18a6422000a1e954a_7

 

With the other auntsdd8f1ffcf8ae11e1ab3b22000a1e8a6d_7

 

The big guy is HERE!IMAG0135

 

And as long as I’m around nobody else is getting a hold of that babyIMAG0139

 

And I wish he was mineafca6ca8f9e811e1b8f122000a1e9e4c_7

 

Anybody else baby hungry out there?

 

Con amor,

Vivian

10 comments:

  1. How exciting, such a precious little one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's adorable! And my hubby wishes I was more baby hungry! I am still scared to death to take the plunge and go for #2...I am so content with just one right now!! Agh! :-)
    ♥ Kyna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, what a precious baby boy!! Yes, I have baby fever too! Big time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful baby! Congratulations to your friend!

    Oh, how I know what you mean by baby hungry! I have serious baby fever1 We plan to start trying in November :) so I'm very excited yet nervous at the same time!
    I have to admit everyone I know is having babies and I can't help but feel a little jealous, not bad jealous, just like you said baby hungry :( But yes my Miguelito is my blessing and everyday I give thanks to God for him and my family :)

    When do you leave to Mexico? Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luca is such a cutie pie! Congrats to your friend and family. Thank you for stopping by my blog, hope we see each other often

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is always hard not to get a little baby hungry when holding a new baby. Hope you are able to figure out what is best for you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww congrats to your friends, he's adorable! I go through baby phases where I want another one but then I remember how difficult the infant stage is and think I never want another one, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to your friend. He is adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww Vivian, Congratulations to your best friend! I do remember that amazing shower you threw her! Luca is beautiful...I love all of his hair!
    Your love for him is so evident in your words and photos!
    Sending lots of love your way and wishing you a happy weekend!
    Xoxox
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness he is adorable!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete